General İnformatİon

By enabling the activity of the electro energy system of the country, “Azerenergy” Open Joint-Stock Company realizes the coordination of the electricity production and transmission, single center-controlled electric stations, substations, system-organizing high-voltage - 110, 220, 330, 500 kW electricity transmission lines and their dispatcher management tools. Applying new technologies, it organizes the growth of generating forces in our republic and construction of the high-voltage power transmission lines. Meanwhile, it conducts energy exchange operations with foreign countries.

Its stocks are state-owned.

In 1935, by the order of the People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry of the USSR dated July 29, "Electrotok" Administration was excluded from "Azneft" and was transferred to the subordination of the General Energy Office of "Basenerji" of the USSR People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry (“Glavenergo”) and "Azenerji" Azerbaijan Regional Energy Office of "Azenergy" Azerbaijan Regional Energy Office was created at its base.

By theorder of the Azneft Trust, No. 23/138, dated 15.08.1935, "Electrotok" Administration together with its affiliated enterprises was included into the newly created "Azenergy" Azerbaijan Regional Energy Office, and beginning from October 20, 1935, “Azenergy” Azerbaijan Regional Energy Office started its official activity. In 1957, by the Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Azerbaijan SSR No. 292, dated 08.06.1957, "Azenergy" Energy Office of the National Economy Council of the Azerbaijan SSRestablished.

In 1962, with the Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Azerbaijan SSR, No. 808, dated 16.10.1962, the “Azenergy” Energy Office of the Azerbaijan SSR was renamed and the General Office of Energy and Electricity under the Council of Ministers of the Azerbaijan SSR was established.

In 1965, with the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Azerbaijan SSR dated 20.10.1965, the General Energy and Electricity Office of the Soviet of Azerbaijan SSR (“Azglavenergo”) was established.

In 1970, with the Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Azerbaijan SSR, No. 336, dated 16.09.1970, "on transfer of energy and organizations in the territory of the USSR to the subordination of the USSR Ministry of Energy and Electricity" within the aforementioned Ministry (Decision No.611, dated 29.07.1970 of the USSR Council of Ministers) "Azenergy" Production Union was established. In 1971, Council of Ministers of the USSRaccepted the proposals for the reorganization of the Council of Ministers of Azerbaijan SSR and “Azenergy” Production Union of the Ministry of Energy and Electricity of the USSR, and in accordance with its decision No.196, dated 26.03.1971, the General Production Union of USSR Energy and Electricity (Azglavenergo) was established.

In 1988, by the order of the Ministry of Energy and Electricity of the USSR No. 296a, dated 03.08.1988, the General Production Union of "Azbaşenerji" (“Azglavaenergo”) of the Ministry of Energy and Electricity of the Azerbaijan SSR was abolished and "Azenergy” Production Union of Energyand Electricity of the Azerbaijan SSR (Order No. 154 / L, 05.12.1988) was created at its base.

In 1993, according to the Decree No. 571, dated 10.05.1993 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 301, dated 14.06.1993, "Azenergy" Production Union of Energy and Electricity of the Azerbaijan SSR  has become the State Company "Azerenergy" of the Electro-energetics and Electricity of the Republic of Azerbaijan.

In 1996, under the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 423 dated 17.09.1996, by the Order of the State Property Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 200, dated December 28, 1996, "Azernergy" Open Joint Stock Company was established, with shares being 100 percent owned by the state at the initial stage, and in 17.03.1997 it was registered at the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan (State registration number 2234).